Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing decimal places of reference dimensions in a sketch.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good day all.  This is my first post on the NX community website.  I'm by no means an experienced user but I manage to get what I need done.  I can't seem to find the switch for the small issue stated in the subject... I can't seem to change the number of places after the decimal point.  Not sure which version of NX 11 I'm using.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Changing decimal places of reference dimensions in a sketch.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for that link.  I'm sure it will help me once I know how to get to the place where I can set drafting customer defaults!

Go to menu -> preferences -> drafting -> dimension -> text -> units and change the decimal places as desired. New dimensions created after this change will show the new preference.

If you use template files to create new models/drawings, open the template files and make the same change. After the change, all dimensions created in the new files will reflect the preference change.

Experimenter
Experimenter

While that method will work for driven dimensions, it does not appear to work with reference dimensions.  When the dimension is ghosted and awaiting placement, it shows 4 places.  When I click to place the dimension, the decimal places change back to 3, even when the setting you suggested is set to 4 decimal places.  I've tried creating a driven dimension, which indeed does show 4 places, but when I change it to reference, the decimal places go back to 3...

I see the behavior you describe in NX 11, but not in NX 10. I'd suggest contacting GTAC; I don't know why a reference dimension would have its own style that overrides your preference.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @GRWeldon,

To know version of NX, Go to File > Help > About NX > System Information. Here you will find all the releavent information of NX version that you are using.

Check this once. If decimal places settings are set correctly in the drafting preference settings. Select the reference dimension within active sketch > RMB > Settings. Under inherit group select settings source as preferences and click on icon as shown in the image so that it will load the preference settings for selected reference dimension.

Dimension_Settings.jpg