cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkmate Authoring

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have looked through all the Check-Mate templates and canned tests in Check-Mate for NX10.

I have run these tests and have also used Check-Mate at another company in the past.

Does a user need a Check-Mate Authoring license to create or modify Check-Mate tests?

Does a Check-Mate author need to know the Knowledge Fusion language?

Is a Check-Mate author expected to be a computer programmer, or a design engineer?

About how much time would it take a typical design engineer to learn enough of the language to be able to author some simple tests?  I have a few years' experience as a software engineer, but that was primarily in Fortran almost two decades ago, so other than a little conceptual understanding, I don't know how much good that will do me today.

How much time would you expect it to take to author simple tests, such as whether the right categories are on the right layers, the right layers are selectable, the right types of objects are on certain layers, and the right views and reference sets exist?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: Checkmate Authoring

Experimenter
Experimenter

Oh, and is there an easy-to-read tutorial on Check-Mate authoring that would enable me to set up these tests?

Re: Checkmate Authoring

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I was in the same situation a couple a years ago; an engineer with old programming experience tasked with needing to set up and program Check-Mate.  It has not been a great experience, but I ultimately got it done.

You need a Check-Mate Authoring license to write your own checks. After that you need to learn the Check-Mate, Knowledge Fusion, NX Open, etc and the documentation is severely lacking in all of them.

I picked up what I could from reading past presentations on the topic at PLM World.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,