Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular pattern across the MidPlane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I would like to know is there available similar option in NX which allows me to create pattern across midplane.

The result is pattern divided by midplane like it is shown on the image. It's possible in Inventor but I would like to do it in NX also. I can do that by mirroring a pattern accross the first instance of the pattern but I am trying to find better solution.

midplane pattern.PNGmidplane inv.png

Any help is very appreciated.

Best,

Danijel

2 REPLIES

Re: Circular pattern across the MidPlane

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Daniel,

There is no option as per default to do this. However there are some solutions to address your issue – which one depends on your design intent.

The direct manual way to execute your requirements are:

1. Sketch - First Mirror your curves though the desired plane and then apply a Circular Pattern to all the curves. This will result in one only parametric feature.
  2. Any Curves - First Mirror your curves through the desired plane and then apply circular pattern to all the curves. This will result in a feature for each operation.
  3. You can easily automate your solution should this be a commonly repeated operation in your company. There are several solutions to this depending on your design intent. (in the attached movie there is one example)

Attached in this reply you find a movie file showing examples of the above.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Fredrik Sandblom

Re: Circular pattern across the MidPlane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Sandman,

Thank you so much for the different solutions. I have just used simple mirror cause I am mirroring planes, not lines as it is shown in your video.

As I am pretty new with NX, I just noticed that in linear pattern there is a option "Symetric" which allows me to apply equal pattern in both directions, but this is not case with cicular.

Your advices are very helpful and for sure I will use them in the future.

Thank you, agan!

Best,

Danijel