Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Close Window Without Closing Part

Is there a way when displaying a part, that displayed from an assembly, to close the window the displayed part was in without closing the part in the assembly.  The windows seem to multiply quickly when working on an assembly.  I'm used to in another Cad program where if a part is opened from the assembly and is displayed in it own window to work on and when finished, the window only is closed and not the part so there is no accumalation of all these windows.

Thanks for the Help

5 REPLIES

Re: Close Window Without Closing Part

Are you refering to the list of parts, under the "Window" drop down, on the top border?

Windows.jpg Thats just a list of the last 10 or so parts you have viewed.  I don't think you can remove any from that list, other than closing the part.  That may change in NX 11, with the ability to use alt-tab, more like Solidworks (our former Solidworks guys are looking forward to that).

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1

You can go file close selected parts.  Then select the part you want to close it closes this part.  It will also unload the part from the system.  It will turn the component "grey" in your assembly.  Then you can turn it on by clicking on the component.

Hi,

on the contrary to other cad systems has NX only one Window. When you change the diplayed part, NX changes the content of the window and doesn't open a new one. When you closing the window, NX closes the part. In NX never close the window unless you want to close the part. To change between the parts use the 'Window' tab in the Quick Access bar or use the context menue of the component in the Assembly Navigator and then 'Make Displayed Part' (to get to the Component) or 'Display Parent' (to get back to the assembly).

Regards André

This is exactly what I'm referring to.  When working with a large assembly for a long time, this dropdown for open files get very long and can get difficult to navigate after it is filled.  I am used to how SolidWorks did it and thought that was a lot easier.  Hopefully NX11 will have a better interface for this.

I prefer to use the Assembly Navigator, and right click to change my work, and display part around thru the assembly.

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1