Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Close a solid body by new surfaces

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
@Abeinjapan wrote:

@danijelVR

With regards to your original request to provide a simpler method to define your shape, see the attached part. There's no need to extract faces or patch surface openings.

Regards,

Abe

Hello Abe,

Thank you so much for the help on this problem.

This is great. Using extrusion option instead of triming/sculpting with surfaces should be good.

The only thing which I have not solved yet is succesful rebuilding a model after trim curve replacement. What I have tried on your model:

1. Deleting a second part of the trim curve - Rebuild WORKS

2. Deleting a first part of the trim curve - Rebuild fail

3. Reposition of the connection point of the two curves - Rebuild fail

4. Deleting both of the parts of the trim curve - Rebuild fail

Any idea?

(view in My Videos)

Regards

Danijel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
@Abeinjapan wrote:

@danijelVR

With regards to your original request to provide a simpler method to define your shape, see the attached part. There's no need to extract faces or patch surface openings.

Regards,

Abe

Hello Abe,

Thank you so much for the help on this problem.

This is great. Using extrusion option instead of triming/sculpting with surfaces should be good.

The only thing which I have not solved yet is succesful rebuilding a model after trim curve replacement. What I have tried on your model:

1. Deleting a second part of the trim curve - Rebuild WORKS

2. Deleting a first part of the trim curve - Rebuild fail

3. Reposition of the connection point of the two curves - Rebuild fail

4. Deleting both of the parts of the trim curve - Rebuild fail

Any idea?

P.S. I have tried to upload recorded video which describes my steps above but it doesn't work.

Regards

Danijel

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@danijelVR,

As others have stated in previous replies, you need to use replace feature and perform the necesary mapping for the change to work. Look at the attached part file and movie for detail information. But the basic workflow you should follow is this:

• Each time you get a new profile, you should extrude it to define a new trimming surface
  • Make sure to place the new extrude next to the previous extrude in the part navigator above all the dependent features
  • Replace the previous extrude with the new extrude.
  • Use the mapping function in the dialog to ensure that all the face normals are pointing in the same direction as the original
  • Assuming that the new trimming surface is valid for the downstream features (i.e. you may offset it properly), you should not have any problems.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Abeinjapan,

This is AWESOME!

I have some doubt. What is the purpose of the "Reverse Normal"? Why it is above "profile3"?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Danijel

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@danijelVR

You can ignore the reverse normal feature. I forgot to take it out. It was something I tried out, but since you can't always predict which way the normal will be pointing, it is not required.

During mapping just make sure that all the new normal vectors point in the same direction as the old vectors.

Regards,

Abe

Regards,
Abe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Abeinjapan

Thank you very much for clear explanaton and for the help on this topic!

Regards

Danijel