Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color ID129 different in displayed part and assembly ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

Why this specific older sheet metal assembly overrides all sheet metal parts with different ID129 color ?

• ID129 is Medium Steel(=Grey) when part is Displayed Part.

and

• ID129 is Medium Weak Blue(=Dark Violet) when in Assembly.

How to remove the assembly's color change ?

Untitle1122d.jpg

6 REPLIES

Re: Color ID129 different in displayed part and assembly ?

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

@12131444,

I can't reproduce the wrong colours that you're seeing;

To remove the assigned color for all components in an assembly, select the assembly in the assembly navigator.
RMB -> Select Assembly.
Deselect the assembly by using CTRL key and selecting the assembly itself (only the top level). You then have all components selected without the top assembly.
RMB on the remaining highlighted components -> properties -> uncheck "Specific Component Color".

2019-01-07_10.gifNX11 specific component color

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 12.0.2.9 Mach Designer
on Win10 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi 12131444,

You need to reset the component color setting in the assembly. Select the component/components in question and RMB in the ANT or with the cursor ontop of the selected component/components and under the Assembly tab from the pop up menu toggle the Specific Component Color OFF. See the attached movie for details.

Best Regards

Fred

(view in My Videos)

Phenom
Phenom

@Sandman I think you uploaded the wrong movie Man Wink

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.2 MP1]

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Thanx Inch,

You are absolutely correct - too many movies here.... The actual movie should be up now!

Thanx for the heads up on this!

Best Regards
Fred
Highlighted

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

From the screenshot, I'd guess that each part is using a different definition for color number 129. Each NX part file has a color table to define the RGB values and names of each available color. The color definition is used from the current display part. When the part is displayed, color 129 is a grayish color; but when the assembly is the displayed part, color 129 is a purplish color. A user may have changed the color definition; but Siemens occasionally tweaks the colors in new versions of NX. It is likely that the "older" file uses a different color table than the new file. If this is the case, I'd suggest updating the old file to use the new palette. With the older file as the display part, go to menu -> preferences -> color palette, expand the "options" section if necessary and click the "use system palette" option. This will reset the file to the latest system color palette.

If you are using a custom color definition and not the system palette, you can export a color definition file (CDF) from the desired part and import it to the other part to update its colors to your standard.

Genius
Genius
Yes the Color Palette- Reset did it.
Now colors are the same as defaults.