Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Changes among 2 drawing

Creator
Creator

Dear all.

When I change a drawing, I create a new file, for example: Drafting-Rev.1 was changes and now is Drafting-Rev.2.

Question: Is there any way to compare these 2 drawing, superimpose them, to know what was really modified?

I know that on the Acrobat it is possible, but i do not have it here Smiley Sad

Thanks for all.

Jonny

11 REPLIES

Re: Comparing Changes among 2 drawing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What version of NX?

Take a look at "track drawing changes" in the NX help files. It is available in NX 7.5(?) and above.

Creator
Creator
Dude!!

You are the man!!!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Track drawing changes is a powerfull tool We use it on our drawing release.  So we make a snap shot before we release the drawing. 

Anyways this can also be accomplished with vismock up or visview with doing a drawing compare of two CGM files.  You create your CGM files.  Then you can open one of these CGm files and then do a file insert, then insert this other CGM file into the viewer.  Then you can compare these files.  This also works if you have the viewer for teamcenter also.

Creator
Creator
sdeters.

Do you know if is possible to compare 2 .prt files?
i.e.: I have a Rev.A drawing and saved it as a Rev.B. . Can I compare both fiules between themselves?

Gears Phenom

This depends on a couple things. 

1.  Are you using teamcenter?

2.  If you have teamcenter, do you have the Customer default saved to "save CGM date in part" turned on

4.  Are you using the Master model approach having a separate drawing from your model.

If you are not using teamcenter:

You may be able to open these PRT file up directly into Visview or Vismock up if you have the above customer default set.  But I am not sure on this.  I have always exported out a CGM file of each revision to use for compare when I was not in teamcenter years ago.

Creator
Creator
I do not have Teamcenter. The drawing file is separated from model file.

Gears Phenom

Do you have Visview or Vismock up? 

Creator
Creator
No. Just the old and good NX8.5 and 9.0

Gears Phenom

If you did not make a snapshot using tracking drawing changes before you made the new revision you are probably in bad shape.  Now you can delete your B revision start over make your snapshot in the track drawing changes and redo what you have done.  Bad choice.

Do you have the Adobe PDF writer?  years ago I was able to compare two different PDF files.  But it has been years since I have done this. 

One last thought.  you may be able to create the two CGM files of old and new and import them into NX.  I do not how this would work.  Or if it can even be done.  It may worth a shot.  This would be a visual check.  But better than nothing.

Sorry these are the only tools I know off hand to compare two different files.