Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing one rev to another

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NX 9 with TC

User is revising a part, and would like to compare the 01 revision to the new 02 revision.  Since you can't add 01 to 02, my work around suggestion is to export a parasolid of 01, and import it into 02.

My other thought was to create a temporary assembly, and add 01 and 02 as components, but I think something in the rules would have to be changed to allow different revisions, IF that is even possible...is it?

Any otherr better suggestions?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Comparing one rev to another

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius
Dave,
Do you have a license with the "Model Compare" command?
--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

If you have Teamcenter visualization with Mockup license and creating JT file you can compare the JT 3D models to show the differences between to 2 revisions and even 2 versions.

Gears Phenom

@RGudorf I can open the command, so I think we do.  Help files say I have to open the two files to comapre, but as I recall, you can't have two revisions (same db_part_number) of the same part open in one session?

-Dave

Gears Phenom
@Islattery45 I'm not a big Tc guy, what/where would I look for?
-Dave

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Dave,

There is a Customer Default in NX, look at:

Teamcenter Integration for NX -> General -> Multiple Revisions Tab -> Checkbox "Enable Multiple Revisions".

This is turned off by default.

Johannes

Gears Phenom

Dave if you need to do a 3D model compare between two revisions you need to look into doing a "prepare for compare" on your model first.  Then you can compare between the two models.  Prepare makes an alternative dataset in teamcenter of the revision you want and saves it in the item revision in teamcenter.  You will need to delete this out of teamcenter when you are done.

Gears Phenom

Thanks, I will look into "prepare for compare" as soon as IT fixes my java issue (ugh).

-Dave