Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Dependency browsing on assembly constraints

Builder
Builder

Dear Community

I have come across a strange issue, maybe there is some wisdome about finding the cause of this. The story is as follows:

1. open medium sized assembly with a few arrangements involing suppressed states as well
  2. fully load all components
  3. open assembly constraints dialog
  4. Message : Some constarints are referenced to parts that are not loaded...do you want to load: YES
  5. Error Message: A part xxxx.prt cannot be found

Problem-> this part is an old component and was removed from the assembly and all subassemblies. It seems to have a dependency one some assembly constraint. Used part cleanup on all open parts. Still this starnge message occurs.

Is there a way to browse information about the dependency of this part? Where used in session will only show me if its a component (its not according to the report)

Help is truly appreciated

2017-11-21_11h33_17.png2017-11-21_11h32_05.png

Re: Component Dependency browsing on assembly constraints

Phenom
Phenom

These tool are in the NX13300N bundle component 'wave'.

If the xxxx.prt part still exist try to load it whit the load option set as in attached image.

This will cause NX to search the file on which it depends.

Wave.pngLoad.png

Re: Component Dependency browsing on assembly constraints

Builder
Builder

Thanks Cesare

I have this tool. When I let it run while components are opend in the way you describe it will list all parts correctly.

It will however only show interpart Link information on geometry and expression.

My problem is somehow related to assembly constraint between components but I find now way to really browse these relations.

I have exported the content of the constraint navigator to a spreadsheet but still I am not able to find any information about the part in question.

I suspect there is an old or inactive constraint that tries to load that former component.