Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Component States, cuts and holes created at assembly levels where they need to be....

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@cowski1 - I thought of this command originally, but it resizes the holes in the original parts.  The OP's requirement: "if you open the part it has smaller holes, if you open it in the context of its assembly, it has larger holes".

Regards, Ben

EDIT.  The Hole Series command does not resize the holes in the original parts - it adds new holes.

Re: Component States, cuts and holes created at assembly levels where they need to be....

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, @BenBroad. It's been a while since I used the hole series, but I remember it was pretty handy for my situation at the time.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@cowski1 - definitely a handy command.  I incorrectly stated that it edits the holes in the original parts - it doesn't, but it does create new holes (linked geometry from the assembly).  Initially it gave the impression that this was occuring, as I was creating larger holes at the assembly level that consumed the original holes in the parts.   I must admit, I was surprised that it created the holes in the original parts, but I can now see the need for that.

Phenom
Phenom

@BenBroad; Someone showed me that PreNX5 (or4?) is doing what you expected initially.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The hole command got a major overhaul around the NX 5 timeframe.