Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component reference set in drawing

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NX 11.0.1 mp 2

Using the master model concept, user has an assembly wiwth 10 or so components.  When looking at the sassy model, all components are set to "model".  when you go to the drawing file, one component displays as "entire part".  you can change it to "model", update the views.  It displays correct, so he saves it, but when he reopens that component is back to "entire part".

What else could be controlling it?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES

Re: Component reference set in drawing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've had similar type problems happen with NX 10.  For this while in drafting mode, I've selected the assembly in the ANT and changed it to the correct reference set.  I then expanded out the assembly in the ANT and (from the ANT) selected the individual components in the assembly.  After all components were selected, I then changed them to the correct reference set.  That process did seem to help, but I'd definitely like to see a better solution.  It seemed kind of redundant.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Edit the user's Assembly Load Options and put MODEL at the top of the list of Reference Sets. Load the drawing - does the component's Reference Set set still load as Entire Part? If everything loads as MODEL, save the drawing and the master model assembly, set the Assembly Load Options Reference Sets list back to how it was originally and reload the drawing. What happens?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Ben,

sincerely I suggest this order of setting.

assembly load options.PNG

The reason is because there are situation where a designer need to create a custom reference set used in the assembly and with my suggestion I don't lose the reference set change on reopen assembly.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I will pass along the suggestions.  Currently "as saved" is at the top of the list, followed by "model"

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @cubalibre00,

Thanks for your concerned reply Smiley Happy  However, I was only suggesting that the order be edited with MODEL at the top for test purposes.  I wasn't suggesting that @DaveK make this change permanent.

Regards, Ben