Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Converting older design features to latest NX version, 9

I am working with older NX parts that use old feature menus.  Is there a way of converting these features without redoing the model?  I am not used to working with the old menus and i can not find the sketch half the time.

5 REPLIES

Re: Converting older design features to latest NX version, 9

If you're referring to something like when editing an 'old' Extrude feature and seeing a dialog that's different than if you attempted to create a new Extrude feature, no, under most conditions, you will have to live with the older dialogs.  There may be some exceptions, but in most cases, editing an old features will likely result in you seeing the old dialogs as well.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave1300
‎09-13-2016 01:57 PM

Dave1300 wrote:

I am working with older NX parts that use old feature menus.  Is there a way of converting these features without redoing the model?  I am not used to working with the old menus and i can not find the sketch half the time.

Hi Dave,

into NX11, Siemens has developed a feature called 'Renew' . But feature prior NX8 no.

I'm with you, but in this case you need to add an ER to Siemens.

Thank you...

Using NX 10 / RuleDesigner PDM

......Testing NX 11 on production

Thanks!!  This is really a pain in the rear...  I can work with the menu's,  I just can not find the sketch more than half the time.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave1300
‎09-28-2016 06:58 PM

[ Edited ]

When you can't find the sketch, it may be because there isn't one. NX can create and use curves that do not belong to a sketch. Right click on the feature you need to edit and choose "show parents"; the parent curves will show up in the graphics window (whether they belong to a sketch or not).

[ Edited ]

Here are the details on the Renew Feature. 

http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:xid1096244

Scott