Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy drafting views from one part drawing to another

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have to take a part model that has a draft drawing with it & insert that part & be able to include the draft drawing with the main assembly & als to be one of the sheets in the detail drawings. Is there a way to do that in NX without having to redimension the drawing in the main detailed drawing. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Copy drafting views from one part drawing to another

Pioneer
Pioneer
Are you working with Teamcenter and the master model concept?
If yes, what you can do is to open the reference drawing and go to save as, and choose " Save as to different Item revision". Use the part icon (like in the assy navigator) on the right side of the number list and browse to the target part in the database. Make sure that the dataset Name is according to your company std and ok. To finish open the newly created drawing and replace the master with the correct one.
This basically what I do in NX 8.5 and TC10. I don't know how it works in other versions.

Laurenj.

Re: Copy drafting views from one part drawing to another

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply Lauren, I am on a stand alone version without Teamcenter. I did get it to do what I needed it to do by picking the sheet name in the Part navigator & then pasting it into the main drawing  by picking on the Drawing folder in the Part navigator on the main drawing & pasting it there. Thanks for the help.