Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy drawing sheet into the similar part

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I have some parts with similar geometry (i made them by copying one part and changing some dimensions after that). Then i made a drawing sheet for one of them with views, full description and annotations. How can i transfer this drawing sheet to another part with views' dependency changing?

When i use copy/paste command for the sheet i get the only linked one.

problem.jpg

Is there any solytion of my problem or the only way is to make drawings before copying the part?

2 REPLIES

Re: Copy drawing sheet into the similar part

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@UU

Try the following:

• After you have made the different versions of your master model file
  • Copy the drawing file using 'Save As' to a new name
  • Within the Assembly navigator select the master model component
  • Right click on it and choose 'Replace Component' (if this option is not available make sure to enable component replacement within your assembly load options)
  • Within the Replace Component dialog, select the new version of the part you want to use
  • Update your drawing
  • Save

Since all the versions of the part have common geometry (edge and face ID) then all your dimensions and annotation should be able to update without problem.

Regards,
Abe

Re: Copy drawing sheet into the similar part

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your answer!
The reason of my problem is that i don't use master model (i just insert drawing template into the model file). This method is more convenient for me, but, as i understand it, changing associativity of drawing sheet is impossible.