Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy feature expressions

Creator
Creator

I am trying to figure out a way to take Expressions from one feature and apply them to another without typing it in one by one.

I constantly work with others who will use the hole or pocket command several times and do not link them together. I was hoping to find a way to quickly replace the expressions without having to manually type them in.

For an example there is a Pocket attached. I want to be able to take the feature parameters and apply them to other pockets in the model without having to edit each individual pocket.

I dont like exporting it to Excel due to it taking to long for the program to load, I have also tried exporting the expressions to the exp. file and editing it with notepad+ but again its me manually editing them. I am looking for more of a Copy and Paste method.

Hopefully someone could help me out Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES

Re: Copy feature expressions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Not sure if this will do ...a simple copy and paste. You can link the expressions to the parent feature automatically at the time of creation.

paste.jpgBest Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator
Unfortunately that is not an option. Most parts I work on are already modeled. Going back through and redo them would defeat the purpose.

Experimenter
Experimenter
You could info the 1st hole - then edit all the other holes at one time - then copy/paste the expressions into the fields for the other holes

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Another possible solution is to copy/paste using the Expressions editor, using the Advanced Filtering to filter by Feature Type and Source:

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I was going to show the same thing. The issue will be that the expression system was updated in NX 11 and the original query has an NX 9 tag on it so it cannot be this way. But I love what Ben did and was going to make the exact same movie. 

Scott

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Ugh! I missed the NX9 tag. I usually check for that.