cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy+paste sketch lines to other model's sketch ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

Is it possible to copy+paste sketch lines to inside other model's sketch ?

• I only success to copy+paste sketch lines inside the same model only.

Like I have:

1. model/part 1 (Here is a sketch containing the copyable lines)
  2. model/part 2 (Here is a sketch where I want to paste those lines)

cOPYpASTEf.jpg

7 REPLIES

Re: Copy+paste sketch lines to other model's sketch ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Will this do for you? Although a simple copy and paste will also work but still this way you can put it as a library item.

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom

I have no idea why the videos are not getting uploaded but you can use REUSABLE OBJECT (2D SECTION) to copy some entities from one sketch and paste to another one in different model.

Regards

Kapil

Phenom
Phenom

I always do this. Ctrl+Select the sketch/s and also child feature/s in the navigator tree and press “Ctrl+C” (Copy to clipboard)

Open the new part. (leave the sketch parent part in the background/don’t close it)

Press “Ctrl+V” to paste.

Side pop-up window with the Copy Paste wizard will guide you with the new required selections on the new part.

This is applicable to most of the features in the navigator tree.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What "Move handles only"-tick box means ?

• Why I have to move the coordinate every time I copy+paste ? See photo three(3) steps that I make.

COPY AND PASTE.png

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Move handles will only move the handles (coordinate ystem while manipulating the position). This is required in some cases where the initial position or orientation of the CSYS is not good. For example if you select a circle for moving and the handles origin lie on the circle curve and not it's center then you can use the MOVE HANDLES ONLY option to move the handle CSYS to the center and then move the circle curve to other location (snapping the center of the circle directly to the point desired.

Regards

Kapil

Phenom
Phenom

mike_fdo wrote:

I always do this. Ctrl+Select the sketch/s and also child feature/s in the navigator tree and press “Ctrl+C” (Copy to clipboard)

Open the new part. (leave the sketch parent part in the background/don’t close it)

Press “Ctrl+V” to paste.

Side pop-up window with the Copy Paste wizard will guide you with the new required selections on the new part.

This is applicable to most of the features in the navigator tree.

Check this out:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/Creating-Sketch-Driven-Hole...

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW