Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a CAM

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I've a wrap curve that represent the CAM. Which feature I've to use to create the machined CAM ?

Attached the file.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Create a CAM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Create the "bottom" surface of the cam by using the longer cam projected curves eg trough curves. Extend project the face to cover the whole cam. Trim the extended face with the wrapped curves and thicken the face. Else have a look to Swept volume.

//Fred

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Sandman,

swept volume can't be use for this case and have some limitation. Your other suggestion doesn't create a real CAM. Walls cam aren't radial. Please see this real groove milling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je1mwc2bxTg

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi,

Swept work to for the major parts, the reliefs have to be created in addition. The walls of the Through Curves thicken are not normal to the radial original surfare they are normal to the through curve surfarce.

//Fred

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Sandman,

if you want to try with my NX part....

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Ciao @cubalibre00,

here is a possible solution, I used a Law Extension surface.

Ciao

CAM.png

Phenom
Phenom

Do a fill surface from your wrapped curves.  Then thicken this face from the Fill surface.  then subtract that from your Shaft.  Thoughts?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@sdeters

You can do it with divide face and then thicken it. Fill Surface produce a Trimmed B-Surface

Phenom
Phenom

I did the divide face at first, but I back tracked and did the fill surface.  Good Point.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @sdeters,

walls of thicken feature are radial to the cylindrical surface, but in the real world are parallel to the axis tool. The demostration is that the distance from a wall and the opposite respect to the up and botton are different.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM