Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an Excel with 3D points

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I want to know which is the best way to creat an Excel file with 3D points on a surface.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: Create an Excel with 3D points

Creator
Creator

Sorry,

Using NX 7.5

Genius
Genius

Hello

if you name the point (the geometry, not the feature) you can create either an excel sheet or a  tabular note in your NX file  which references the x/y/z values of the point.

For example you name the point "point-1" you need to use this name in one cell of the excel sheet and then mark three other cells and use "=point(A1)" as the input and then "STRG + SHIFT + RETURN"

point.png

hope this helps

Meinolf, , Leistritz Turbinentechnik GmbH

Production: NX10.0.3, TC 10.1.4

Testing:NX11 Beta

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It's not very clear what you want to do. It sounds like you want to create a bunch of points on an NX surface, and then write the coordinates of those points out to an Excel file. Is that correct? If so, the best way is probably to write a little program/journal to do it. Ask in the NX Customization and Programming forum, if you need help.

山田
yamada

Creator
Creator

Yes, that I want is create and Excel from a bunch of points in a part. I don't know if its necessary to write a program/journal to do a thing like that. If it's necessary to create a program I'll ask to the forum you said, but I want an easy solution to avoid thinks like that.

Regards.

Marc.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I think you have to write code. But it's very simple code. Here's how you do it using SNAP functions. It's a bit longer with NX/Open, but not much. This writes the point coordinates of all points in the file to the Info window. From there you can copy/paste into Excel. With a bit more work, the code could let you select a collection of points, and could write the coordinates directly to a CSV file, which you could then open in Excel.

Option Infer On
Imports Snap

Module MyProgram

Sub Main()

For Each pt In Snap.Globals.WorkPart.Points
         Snap.InfoWindow.WriteLine(pt.Position)
      Next

End Sub

End Module

I just realized -- this won't help you much because you're using NX7.5, and SNAP wasn't introduced until NX8. But, I'll leave the code here, because it might help someone else.

山田
yamada