Create explosion regimes

Creator
Creator

Could you create explosion regimes:
-from center
-from top
-from right side
-from left side

Why i have to do it manually for certain way?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Create explosion regimes

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Alex1985,

NX doesn't have this feature.

The automatic explosion is horrible.

You need to explode manually.

Thank you...

Using NX1859
RuleDesigner PDM

Phenom
Phenom

I would use arrangements vs using the explosion tool in Nx.  Just a different way of looking at doing things.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi, @sdeters,

then, for each explosion step, you do an arrangement?

For an explosion, you could have 20 or more arrangements?

My opinion is that you use arrangement in an extreme manner.

Thank you...

Using NX1859
RuleDesigner PDM

Phenom
Phenom

We use arrangements for an explosion on our drawings, yes in our "Design Intent" assemblies, we have many different arrangements.  The design intent assembly controls many different type of drawings for us.  This would be our 115% assembly if you will.  We started this back in the I-Deas days with configurations.  The NX arrangements still does not have all of the functionality that the old I-Deas configurations had.

This is just one way of doing things.  Like NX more than one way to get stuff accomplished.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Whi some times autoexplosion dont works give this messange

explosion.JPG

Genius
Genius

@sdeters , Does your computer do OK with having that many arrangements?   We're stuck with MP 12.0.1.7 and it's awful for bogging down my computer.  On my previous computer, CREO would run great, but NX ran slow on the very same computer. 

I have a new workstation that is faster/bigger than the original workstation that CREO did fine on and it's even slow for NX.  I have a decent amount of arrangements (maybe 10 or so) in one assembly and I can sit and wait forever while I'm working in assemblies.  Since it's going so slow, I was even starting to wonder if NX can handle arrangements.  NX 9 was slow, but I've heard a lot of reports  how bad the bug-ridden 12.0.1.7 is.  Unfortunately, we're stuck with that until Q2, so I was just wanting to hear from you how other builds of NX do.  Can't be worse than 12.0.1.7...   

Phenom
Phenom

@s_hightower 

We are running NX11. Our assemblies may have a total of 200 parts, maybe out of them 200, 25 or so would be like castings, or models that has many surfaces in them.

We will have maybe 30-50 arrangements, in our assemblies.  Our computers are running pretty well so far with NX 11.We really do not see a slow down with having arrangements vs not having them in an assembly.

We load everything light weight.  We are running a Quadro k4000 graphics cards Solid state drives, and a I7 3.6 CPU with 32 gig of ram.

Working with only what you need on your screen has helped us a lot.  There also has been times where we had to update our graphics drivers due to performance issues.

What is your visualization preference set to?  I guess under the faceting tab.  This could have a huge impact on wait times while working in assemblies.