cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Radial Hole Callout

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Trying to make a hole callout.

Get the message "Creating a Hole Callout requires feature data to be fully loaded"

Have seen it befor but could still get callout for holes. This morning I can't on this part.

Have the part fully loaded... why am i getting this alarm? How can I get it to not show in the future?

Help says feature data needs to loaded into the drafting part file, but not how to do it...

Don't see anything in drafting preferences about loading feature parameters.

Thanks, Paul S.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Lane}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP1}

4 REPLIES

Re: Creating Radial Hole Callout

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you are using the master model method (part file is a component of the drawing file). In this case, switch to your assembly navigator, right click on the component, and choose open -> component fully.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tried that, and tried just opening the part on it's own, so I knew it would be fully loaded.

I am using the master model concept. It is a drawing of an Assy. This part is on a separate page and brought in as a single component. The 1st. page is the Assy with BOM and additional pages are added to cover all the individual custom components.

It is weird because I had no issue with another component in the same Assy.

Help doesn't imply fully opening the component, but fully loading the feature data...??

Phenom
Phenom

This was discussed many times before.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Problem-with-hole-callout/td-p/43618...

Where I wrote:

@BenBroad
NX hole callout is unreliable. It hast its own moments. Sometimes it works and the next moment it’s not. (Even with fully loaded components).
Our VAR also confirmed this absurd behaviour. Since this is not a reproducible with an example, we are unable to report it to GTAC.
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Hole-callout-limitation/td-p/421696

"Feature Parameters" supposed to be retired soon, but I don't think that you could let it go for good.
Michael Fernando

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not really a solution.

But an answer to this bizarre behavior. Maybe someday... in a future release holes will be easy to detail

Paul S.