Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Mesh look

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey all need some help, Im trying to model the look of a fine mesh (NOT for FEA) just the look like say a window screen. I know in solidworks there is the ability to over lay a photo of a mesh screen onto a body, thats basicly all I would need I just cant figure out how to do it.

Using NX 10.0 here.

Thanks for the help!

7 REPLIES

Re: Creating a Mesh look

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

If you switch to the studio display mode, you can applly a studio material.  In the System Studio Materials pallett, under "Textured" there are some different mesh you can apply.  They will only show when in the studio display mode.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

You could try the Decal command.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

U-V grid can be displayed on solid/sheet body faces. Switch the view to the 'Static Wireframe'.

Menu > Edit > Object Display (Ctrl+J). Select the body,OK. In dialog 'Edit Object Display' set the U/V count as required under 'Wireframe Display' section.

uv.PNG

Phenom
Phenom

Not sure if it would be suitable but if what you require is planar, you could place a Datum Plane where you want the mesh, resize to suit, then display the Datum Plane grid on it. You can control the number of major and minor line, their colour, font etc. Just select the Datum Plane feature, right click and choose "Datum Plane Grid..."

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.2 MP1]

Siemens Phenom

If it would be for the planar faces then 'PMI Region' command will also do the needful.

With type as 'Arbitrary' and new set for each face.

pmiregion.PNG

With type as 'Rectangular' and individual 'PMI Region' for each face.

pmiregion1.PNG

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I will second BenBroad thought on this . Decal is a tool to go for this..(if you have advance visualization license).

Here is a link in our knowledge base for the same.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/NX-Quick-Tips-Apply-Decal-i...

Regards

Kapil 

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

You could create something that looks like a facet by creating degree 1 section curves through your original surfaces. The number of segments can be changed by playing with the tolerance. Then create some surfaces through the curves. Of course it is not closed if you do it quickly as I did here. 

Good luck!

Regards, **bleep**

facet.PNG