Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Creating tablular note as user-defined PMI

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

Is there any possibilites of creating a tabular note as user-defined PMI ?

Thanks in advance

SJ

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Creating tablular note as user-defined PMI

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Tables are not a supported type of PMI object at this time, so you cannot create a User Defined PMI object from a tabular note.  You could, however, create a PMI custom symbol using lines and text to simulate a tabular format.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Or you could create a real tabular note that shows up in the modeling view. It won't be considered as a PMI object, though...

Siemens Phenom

Tabular notes exposed into a modeling view will not be successfully exported in a JT file, if that is a requirement.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you DEckhoff. The scenario will be, I am creating custom symbol that resembles as tabular note and then adding those custom symbol into the PMI note. Here the problem is, once I insert that PMI note, I am not getting the details of the custom symbol (i.e) the text inside the custom symbol after inserting it as PMI note.

Is there any way or am I missing something out here?

Thanks in advance.

SJ

Siemens Phenom

Is there a reason why you are adding the custom symbol to a PMI note?  You can just drag and drop the tabular symbol into your model and NX will automatically add it as a PMI object.  Also, when you created the master symbol, did you include the text as part of the symbol?

One thing to remember, when you add a custom symbol, make sure to use the correct ssetting for the Annotation Preferences and Geometry Preferences options (located in the Settings group of the Custom Symbol dialog box).  If you set these options to Use Definition, the symbol will be created with the settings that were used when the symbol was created.  If you set these options to Use Current, then the symbol will be created using the settings in the current work part.  This can have a dramatic effect on the appearance of the symbol.