Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor input box not showing up in mac NX 11.0.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi! The input box that has to appear to put in width, length, radius, xc, yc etc. isn't showing up. I couldn't find any settings regarding this. What to do? I'm running NX 11.0.1 on macOS Sierra.

And also, is it normal that command boxes for basically anything show up very slow on Macbook Pro? My other software respond pretty fast compare to this. For example I click on a sketch line button and it takes a few seconds to load.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: Cursor input box not showing up in mac NX 11.0.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
See if you can restore the toolbar by selecting "Reset Window Position" on "Preferences > User Interface > Layout". Are the command boxes slow to open every time, or just the first time they are loaded in session?

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Nope, didn't show up after resetting, or changing roles and resetting. But I noticed I can still type the dimentions and hit enter to get the effect without the box present, so it's not a problem any more.

Regarding the comands, looking at it closely now they load fine, maybe I did something whyle trying to fix the input box problem.

Siemens Phenom
Are you referring to the Tracking Bar that is used with the Basic Curves command? I just checked NX11 on Linux and it's permanently docked at the bottom left of the graphics display, it's likely the same with MacOS.

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm refering to the little box that appears to input dimentions.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It could be the user.mtx, dialog memory or (Mac equivalent of registry) is corrupt.

Unfortunately I don't know where those files are, what they are called, or how to delete them on a Mac.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom

Hi @JoeBad,

I've just reproduced the issue.  I am able to bring up the XC/YC dialog if I create a sacrificial circle prior to the one I actually want to create:

Screenshot - 5_3_2017 , 9_19_57 AM.png

Can you open an IR with GTAC so that they can report this issue to development?

Regards, Ben