Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom sketch dimension color

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Which of the color settings do I need to change, in order to make an out of date sketch dimension a different color?  (In the example that brought this up, a dimension to an edge failed to update, because the edge changed)

Right now a good dimesion is blue, and the jacked up dimension is a blue/green, and it's sometimes hard to find the jacked up one.  We'd like to make them stand out more  Nothing on the list of sketch colors jumped out at me as being the one.

thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
6 REPLIES

Re: Custom sketch dimension color

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Have you tried...

Customer Defaults -> Sketch -> General -> Part Settings

Of course, if you make any changes here, you'll need to open up your modeling template(s), and go into Sketch Preferences and inherit the Customer Default settings and resave those template parts.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Phenom

I looked there John, but the colors didn't seem to match what the users sketch was showing, but no I see that these are part settings, so it could be his part is different yet too.

Further investigation has me confused.  This is what the customer defaults look like, with no parts open in the session.  This is a brand new NX session, so any changes will have taken effect.

SketchColors-CustDefaults_NoPartOpen.jpg

Now if I open our seed file, and immediatly go to the Customer Defaults, you can see the customer default colors are different:

SketchColors-CustDefaults_WithPartOpen.jpg

Why would the Customer Defaults be different, just by opening a part file?

I can understand the Part settings being different, as they are:

PartFileSketchColorPrefs.jpg

-Dave

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you have the Sketch preferences open, have you tried selecting the 'Inherit from Customer Defualts' button at the bottom of the dialog?  This how you can update your current model to match what you've set in Customer Defaults.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Phenom

Yes, and it inherits the settings you see in the second screen shot.

My concern/confusion is why do the customer site defaults change, based on if I have a file open or not?  

-Dave

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Just a guess, but is the color definition file (CDF) of the opened part different from the NX default CDF?

Gears Phenom

That looks like what was going on.  I have no idea why our seed file wasn't using the OOTB colors...maybe they came from the pre NX5 color pallette.

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave