Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom symbols error

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I've almost completely setup NX as how I require and I've run into quite some problems setting it up. Now I'm trying to setup custom symbols. 

I go into customer defaults -> gateway -> (...) -> Symbols library and add a folder location there, with the folder name in front of the | line. I close down NX and restart it. Create a new model -> drafting and try to create custom symbols. The folder that I created shows up.

I'll draw the symbol that I need, define the symbol and when I save it I get an "internal error: memory access violation". 

>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\dman\no\ind\undo_ug.c" at line number 1665
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\dman\no\ind\undo_ug.c" at line number 1672
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Error recovery failed because:
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT Internal error: memory access violation
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT Parts in this session may be corrupt. Do not save your parts.
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT Restarting NX is recommended.
*** EXCEPTION: Error code 11 in line 2371 of o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\part\no\ind\Part_BasicSaveManager.cxx at Tue May 02 09:35:29 2017 W. Europe Daylight Time
+++ Failed to undo after start save failure

I've added the part of the syslog that shows what went wrong.

I was hoping someone else experienced the same thing and it was an easy overlooked fix.

2017-05-02 10_36_18-NX 11 - Drafting - [model6.prt (Modified) ].jpg

It'll only save a .bmp file.

2 REPLIES

Re: Custom symbols error

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @MKarsten,

I completed a test in NX11.0.1 using the same folder path and filename and everything saved for me (I was suspicious of the spaces in both, but I had no problem):

Screenshot - 5_2_2017 , 8_45_31 AM.png

Unfortunately I can't get much from the syslog excerpt you posted.  If you can IM me the entire syslog I'll take a look and see if there's anything else that stands out.  Were you using the base install of NX11, or have you upgraded it to NX11.0.1?

You might want to consider calling GTAC.

Regards, Ben

Re: Custom symbols error

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
This issue was resolved by MKarsten upgrading to NX11.0.1. Errors in the syslog were almost identical to those reported in an NX11 PR that was fixed in NX11.0.1.

Regards, Ben