Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize details shown in properties of Siemens part file (.prt)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

I have just recently started using Siemens NX and this is my first contact with the Siemens Community.

I need some help and a few pointers. I apologize if this issue has already been addressed.

I work with Siemens NX without the Teamcenter and I was wandering if there is a way to customize the details shown in the file properties so that I can orginize my cad files accordingly?

Any help with the file organisation is welcomed!

7 REPLIES

Re: Customize details shown in properties of Siemens part file (.prt)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Welcome to the community. What property do you intend to customize?

Best Regards

Kapil

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to have a comment  or part name/description shown in the properties so that when I save the file as the part number  I can stil check what's the parts name/description without opening it in NX (and have it visible in Windows explorer).

Perhaps you have better suggestion about how to orginise CAD files? I'm open to any option.

Best regards,

Dejan

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Starki_cro wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to have a comment  or part name/description shown in the properties so that when I save the file as the part number  I can stil check what's the parts name/description without opening it in NX (and have it visible in Windows explorer).

Perhaps you have better suggestion about how to orginise CAD files? I'm open to any option.

Best regards,

Dejan

Those are the NX part files details at the OS level and that can not be combined with NX part attributes directly or in simple way. Even if it is possible with some customization, will it be worth to do it? How about if you include the name/description in the part file name with your own nomenclature that you can standardize as per the requirement.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Starki_cro,

I recently filed an enhancement request for this functionality - ER 8915967: "Unable to save tags (meta data) with NX part files".  Consider contacting your local GTAC office and ask that they add you to this ER.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

It’s not possible to access NX file attributes with Windows Explorer File Properties (RMB>Properties>Custom) like other software.

So it’s impossible to access and edit file attributes externally.  

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for the answer. I'm not sure if it will be worth it, I was thinking that maybe something like that was possible with some knowledge of NXOpen. I agree that right now the best option is to include the file name/description in the part file name.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the advice, I will conntact my technical support and see what we can do.