Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize standard parts library

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to add customizable components to the standard parts library. 

2017-03-17 08_54_06-Add Reusable Component.jpg

Can something like the above picture be added to the standards parts library? I've been able to add stand-alone parts to it. If this is possible, is there perhaps a guide or video showing how to?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES

Re: Customize standard parts library

Yes, It is possible. You can define your own part with required parameters and create the part family for it.

After adding the part family template to the UDF library, you can re use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERUD3LLBiY

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 11 | NX 12 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Here is the best practice guide on how to create and setup your own standard parts. 

Scott

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

when managing the Fastener Assembly Configurations and Fastener Assembly Library in Teamcenter, I should put two KRX datasets in one revision ( according to the instructions). But when I try it, i get error ( see attaches)

Can you, please, tell me, how should I import two krx datasets into one revision ?

Thank you.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Can you, please, tell me, how should I import two krx datasets into one revision ?

You wont be able to.

You would need to have the cardinality of the Item Revision business object's KRX GRM Rule increased in BMIDE.  It looks like it's been set to a value of 1.  I suspect your TC Admin has added this rule (I don't have it in my COTS install) so there might be a reason this was set to a value of 1.

Regards, Ben