Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing keyboard shortcuts

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have a quick question about customizing keyboard shortcuts. I am using NX 10.0.3.5 Phase 5 Patch MP7.

So when I want to customize keyboard shortcuts I access "ctrl+1" customization meny.  There there are 4 tabs:

Commands  |  Tabs/Bars  |  Shortucts  |  Icons/Tooltips. Automatically I thought it's a shortcut tab but later I realized that I should do it from the commands tab. So in the command tab there is a very usefull search bar where I can search for any command, but no matter which command I search for, once I find that command and click on the keyboard button, another meny opens up and it asks me to select which command i want to customize, and in this meny i can't search for an command i have to find it manually (refer the screenshots). Is this the only way to do it ? 

8 REPLIES

Re: Customizing keyboard shortcuts

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Yes that is the only way currently to create a shortcut. I agree it would be better to have the search function in here. I will email the person responsible for UI to see if this is something we can add in a future release.

Regards

Paul

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Pile,

I have spoken with development and they responded favourably. It is something they will look at addressing.

Best regards

Paul

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

Is it possible to assign spacebar as a shortcut key to Show/Hide command?

thanks in advance

I think CTRL+B is default in NX!!!

@ArunDhanabalan wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to assign spacebar as a shortcut key to Show/Hide command?

thanks in advance

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks,

Thats only for hiding, Inorder to show, we still need to select a feature from tree and then select show.. i would like to know if theres a command to toggle hide / show . also can we assign to a key. ??

Master
Master

You can output a report and then search it for certain commands.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
NX 11.0.2.7 MP2 Teamcenter 11
Dell M7720 i7-6820HQ 16GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro P3000

CTRL+SHIFT+K can be used. But Im not sure what you meant by selecting the feature which is hidden(Selecting from the feature tree and show ryt?).

You can hide it from the background(CTRL+SHIFT+B and CTRL+B).

Thanks,

Devaraj.