cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing keyboard shortcuts

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have a quick question about customizing keyboard shortcuts. I am using NX 10.0.3.5 Phase 5 Patch MP7.

So when I want to customize keyboard shortcuts I access "ctrl+1" customization meny.  There there are 4 tabs:

Commands  |  Tabs/Bars  |  Shortucts  |  Icons/Tooltips. Automatically I thought it's a shortcut tab but later I realized that I should do it from the commands tab. So in the command tab there is a very usefull search bar where I can search for any command, but no matter which command I search for, once I find that command and click on the keyboard button, another meny opens up and it asks me to select which command i want to customize, and in this meny i can't search for an command i have to find it manually (refer the screenshots). Is this the only way to do it ? 

7 REPLIES

Re: Customizing keyboard shortcuts

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Yes that is the only way currently to create a shortcut. I agree it would be better to have the search function in here. I will email the person responsible for UI to see if this is something we can add in a future release.

Regards

Paul

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Pile,

I have spoken with development and they responded favourably. It is something they will look at addressing.

Best regards

Paul

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

Is it possible to assign spacebar as a shortcut key to Show/Hide command?

thanks in advance

Experimenter
Experimenter

I think CTRL+B is default in NX!!!

ArunDhanabalan wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to assign spacebar as a shortcut key to Show/Hide command?

thanks in advance

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks,

Thats only for hiding, Inorder to show, we still need to select a feature from tree and then select show.. i would like to know if theres a command to toggle hide / show . also can we assign to a key. ??

Master
Master

You can output a report and then search it for certain commands.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NX 8.5.2.3 MP3 Teamcenter 8
Dell M6700 i7-3740QM 8GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M