Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEFINE REUSABLE OBJECT IS GRAYED (NOT SELECTABLE)

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi good people,

I have some question, my reuse library folder is not writable. How to make it writable again?

My purpose is to use Define Reusable Object but the commad is grayed (not selectable), how to fix this issue??

Can Not Use Define Reusable Object.jpgDefine Reusable object is grayed (not selectable)The Reuse library folder is not writable.JPGthe alert message : folder is not existing/ not writable

2 REPLIES

Re: DEFINE REUSABLE OBJECT IS GRAYED (NOT SELECTABLE)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @CandraD151017,

You probably don't have write access to the folder that the library management is pointing to.  Right mouse click on the column titled "Name" and choose "Library Management".  Review the path to the 2D Section Library.

The likely cause is that NX was installed using an "Administrator" profile and therefore you do not have write access to the NX installation folders, which is where this library points to OOTB.

Using the Library Management dialog (and in the Reuse Customer Defaults) you can define paths to folders that you have write access to and where you can save your Reusable Objects.

Regards, Ben

Re: DEFINE REUSABLE OBJECT IS GRAYED (NOT SELECTABLE)

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi @BenBroad,

Thank you for your reply, I try to reopen NX with run as administrator and "DEFINE RAUSEBLE OBJECT" is not grayed any more. . .