Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DRAFTING view NX9....get several view showed not updated status but not all in drawing file

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

Hi experts!,

a cotumer ask me about how to get in drawings show permanently several views in no updated mode and rest updated.

For intance , imagine you perform a modification in 3d modeling and you have view -s in your drawing that are affercted by this modification...the costumer wants to have in same sheet a view that show the previous status (and it can not be  updated) and the same view (a copy) that shows the status modified.

Thanks in advaced for your help!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: DRAFTING view NX9....get several view showed not updated status but not all in drawing file

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I think most people handle this by performing a save-as (to a new revision) on the model and drawing file(s), make the changes to the new revision of the model, and update the new revision drawing as needed. Now you have a file with the old version and a file with the new.

If you want to have the "previous" view in the new revision, you could pull in a view from the previous version model and place it on the drawing. I do NOT recommend doing this if the drawing is a controlled document; but if it is only for a quick comparison or other illustration it may be OK.

Re: DRAFTING view NX9....get several view showed not updated status but not all in drawing file

Phenom
Phenom
You could also do use track drawing changes and use the OVerlay CGM tool. Also you can do drawing overlays and compare in teamcenter and Vis mock up.

Phenom
Phenom

There is a new command in NX8.5 called smash view.  You may want to do some research on this command.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

To "freeze" the content of a view on a drawing, just set the Snapshot option for the view.  This option is located on the Common->Configuration tab in the Settings dialog for the view. 

The Snapshot option  creates a set of non-associated extracted edge curves for the view that do not update when the drawing is updated.  Note, though, that if you clear this option for the view it will again become associated to the model and will update with model changes.

Siemens Builder

Thanks a lot ,

I think that the costumer want ....I suggest them.

Siemens Builder

Thanks ,

I think the costumer does not want save changes and generate new version document.

regards

Siemens Builder
thanks ,
the think is that this customer does not use Tc so your suggestion could not be performed.

regards

Siemens Builder
they use NX9 ...I do know smash view are available for NX9

regards....

Siemens Builder
Thanks ,

I think the costumer does not want save changes and generate new version document.

regards