Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated features in part navigator

Genius
Genius

Hi all,

Sometimes when I edit a feature which has dependent features, the features underneath in the navigator tree turn off. The only way I can find to reactivate these features is to go inside the feature, deselect and reselect the sketch/face/body etc, and click OK. I have to do this for all deactivated features.

I have includes a screenshot below showing the normal condition (green tick) and the no-good condition (diamond shape with dotted lines)

Capture.JPG

Can someone tell me what this is/how to easily solve the issue?

Many thanks,

Alex

5 REPLIES

Re: Deactivated features in part navigator

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please record a movie of how this happens so we can see if we can reproduce this.

When the features are inactive, you can normally press the right mouse button in the part navigator and choose update to end. You can also use make current feature on the last feature.

Tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+END

Regards, **bleep**

Phenom
Phenom
Didn't know about CTRL+SHIFT+END, nice.
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.2 MP1]

Phenom
Phenom

mf_20171121.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Genius
Genius

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. First of all, your advice works, and it seems that 'make current feature' achieves what I want.

I have recorded a video and attached below; I realise that it seems to happen when I edit a sketch and change geometry that impacts other features, e.g. removes a corner that a edge blend is applied to.

Thanks,

Alex

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I could not see your movie but I remembered a modeling preference that you might have set. 

I preferences modeling on the update tab there is a toggle with the label: "Make Current Feature on Error". You probably have this ON. We ship it as OFF. 

This might cause the inconvenience.

Enjoy NX!

Regards, **bleep**