Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal marker to a comma on hole annotations?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all

I have NX 7.5.5.4

Can anyone help me?  At work we try to follow the ISO drawing guidelines as close as possible which means that we have to use a comma as the decimal marker. I have changed the drafting stettings to ISO (shipped) which works in most instances. When we are creating hole callouts we use relationships in annotations to create a parametric link to the model. This automatically adds the size and pitch of the hole to the drawing. The problem we are having is that the decimal marker in the pitch is a point not a comma. Does any one know how I can change this?

5 REPLIES

Re: Decimal marker to a comma on hole annotations?

Phenom
Phenom

Have you tested with DIN standards? In DIN, Decimal point is a Comma.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Is there a reason why you do not use the Feature Parameter command to add the hole dimensions to your drawing?

Pioneer
Pioneer

The feature parameter command doesn't structure the annotation how we like to represent them. I think it still uses a decimal point instead of a comma.  I found the file that NX reads the parameters from when creating standard threaded holes and I have changed it in there so all is good.  Thanks for the help.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks.  I get the same problem.  It is because it links as an annotation from a file on the c: drive, I have changed the file to suit and all is well.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Note that if you don't want to actually change the Threaded Hole data file and are willing to do this on a case-by-case basis, if you go to the Master Part file and open the Expression dialog and select the Threaded Hole, you'll find a String Expression for the 'Thread Size'.  If you edit this String Expression, replacing the 'period' with a 'comma' and then updating your Drawing it will be as want it to be.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA