Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default material library

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

We have a company wide Site MatML Library, which is set in the customer defaults, at the Site level.

During our growing process, we have moved the location, and when some users go to Tools, Materials, Assign Materials, the menu is looking at the old library.  Simple to sort out on an individual basis, but I'm wondering who/what/why it is lingering?  Could it be something in the model seed file?  or in the user.mtx, etc?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Default material library

Phenom
Phenom
@DaveK

Hi Dave,

Make sure your customer defaults are pointing to the new location of the material library. If that is correct, try hitting the reset button at the top of the Assign Material dialog to see if that gets things rolling.

Where I work, we do work for 2 different customers (Chrysler and GM) using NX. Designers for each customer load a different environment depending upon for which customer we're working. I started with GM, went to Chrysler, and am now back doing GM work. When I came back to GM, I noticed that I was still getting the Chrysler material library even though I was launching a GM NX environment, which should have changed to the GM material library. I seem to recall that once I reset that dialog, everything started working as it should have.

Let us know if that does the trick or not.
-Tim

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Copy your site setting path and place this one in windows file explorer.

it's better the cut the file name from the path to check if the path is correct.

When i create path that are used in the customer defaults i use own created environment variables.

So you can change the path in your startup script.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

From the other descriptions, it sould like the dialog memory file is what the issue is.

I'm not sure which UGII_* ENV variable controls this (and I'm too lazy to look it up) but note there may be other settings that dialog memory may retain between old/new or different customer setups.

You might want to consider having 2 different places to store it, or deleting it, if switching environments?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled