Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Title Block NX9

Builder
Builder

Hi All

I am creating a new title block in NX9 using the tabular note method. I have added most of my attributes and i defined the title block in to a template. I noticed a few things that i need to change ie add the mass properties and some other text. How can i re-define the title block or edit the cells individually. I dont see any options to do this. Once a title block is defined as a template is that it? cant edit it?

Regards,

Peter Csapai

NX10.3 Win10 64bit, Tecnomatix PS V13.1.
14 REPLIES

Re: Defining Title Block NX9

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Pcsapai,

I know NX10 has added an "edit button" for title block. Now (at least as far as I know) that possibitity does not exist in NX9. What I have done in that situation was inserting a new tabular note (blank one), then edit the title block by double clik it. Deselect the original and select the blank one. Edit your old title block (now a simple tabular note). Then again, double click title block, deselect the "blank one" and reselect the modified one.
I don't know if it's the best way... But the only one I know till now.
Wait for masters response, maybe they can give you better advices.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

The procedure given by MR76 is the recommended workflow. You can find it in the NX help:

CAD -> Drafting -> Setting up and creating drawings -> Title Blocks -> Title Block -> Editing title blocks

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I do it just like MR76, except our title block is two tables, one which is the title block entity that  you fill out with "Populate Title Block", and the other tables have other information, tolerances, and things that the user doesn't populate manually...regardless, select and deselect is the only way I know in NX9 to do it.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Is your title block part of a drawing template?  Or is it a table template that resides in a palette on the Resourse Bar?

Builder
Builder

my title block is part of the template

NX10.3 Win10 64bit, Tecnomatix PS V13.1.

Siemens Phenom

Then, for NX 9, the only way to edit the title block is to open your drawing template, remove the table you want to edit from the titile block (uising the Edit Definition command), make the edits, and then add the table back to the title block (using the Edit Definition command). 

Gears Phenom

Discussion of changing our default title block tolerance block has come up.  By using the "new" title block setup, I will have to change the title block for all 7 sheet sizes, AND exiting drawings won't have their title block updated.

Since I broke our title block into 3 tables, only 1 is the actual NX "title block", that is populated by 'Populate Title Block'.  I could add the section with the tolerances to our Table Palette, and as users encounter older drawings, they can swap it out.  The problem is, we are relying on them remembering.  I'd prefer to take that out of the equation.  

Patterns seemed to work better in this regard, change the base pattern, and all drawings updated since they pulled in from the original pattern file....if I am recalling correct?

Anyone encounterd this, and come up with a good method to cope with the situation?

ER:  ER 7294587

-Dave

Siemens Phenom

Since you broke your title block up into separate tables, have you considered creating a custom symbol to represent the tolerance section (instead of a table template)?  Custom symbols work like patterns in that the master can be changed, and all "locked" instances of that master will update when the master symbol updates.

Gears Phenom

I have not, but may have to look into that.  I doubt the Custom Symbol can contain a jpg image?  Our company logo is in the same table as the tolerances, but I could look at breaking the tolerance section out from that.

Thanks!

-Dave