Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deform a chain

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I've modelled a chain, that is used in the assembly. I'm trying to create a deformable part, but when I'm in the assembly, an error occurs.

Attached the part and the assembly image.ugraf_2018-06-13_17-47-26.pngugraf_2018-06-13_17-48-14.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Deform a chain

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @cubalibre00,

I wasn't able to reproduce your result, but I did (eventually) get an "UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations" warning.

Edit your 'Along' Pattern Features and change the 'Pattern Method' (at the bottom of the Pattern Feature dialog) from Variational to Simple, and then recreate the Deformable Part feature.  See if that helps.  I had no problem deforming the part in an assembly once this was edited (attached).

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

thank you for the support. I tried your suggestions, but maybe I wrong the deformable part creation.

This is what I select during construction

ugraf_2018-06-14_08-35-55.png

This the request during deformation part

ugraf_2018-06-14_08-38-01.png

I don't confirm for the coordinate system because I can't select anything in assembly. After OK, I get the error like the first post.

Thank you...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

I've tried with your part and a simple assembly with a curve, but deform part give an error and is not created.

Then I tried to simplify the part with a tube and works, but adding hole and cut, the error came out again.

Have you a suggestion on how to model a representative of the chain that can be deformed?

Thank you...

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @cubalibre00,

I'm not sure if I'm adding/deforming this part any differently from you, but here's a movie showing the part I sent back working in NX11.0.2 mp8:

(view in My Videos)

I was never able to reproduce the original error you reported and the selections I made when recreating the deformable part were the same as yours.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

Personally, this is overkill. If you are interested in how the chain opperates then use the right set of tools. Look in MCD which allows for gravity and definition of gear ratios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Spvv4BnGLU