Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deformable component, expression only

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

it's possible to set a feature with suppress by expression in the deformable part ?

Attached my test that doesn't work.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

3 REPLIES

Re: Deformable component, expression only

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In this situation, the best approach might be to not use a 'Deformable Part' but rather create a model with two bodies, one formed, one flat, and then assign them to different Reference Sets and simply swap one Reference Set for the other when you wish to show the part crimped or not.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Phenom
Phenom
John,
deformable part give the opportunity, apart deform, to set different expression value, like the compression spring.
In this case, the washer is deformed on demand and the sheet metal blend is activated with certain expression.
It's possible ?
Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

OK, I've created a new part from scratch and it works, sort of.  It seems to work fine if you create the part with bend unsuppressed.  Then when you add it you can set the suppression expression either way and it seems to work.  But if you start with it suppressed, unsuppressing is a problem.

Anyway, check my part (attached below) and see what you think.  Your's might behave the same way if you change the model default setting of the suppression status of the Bend feature.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA