Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deformable parts

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to control several deformable parts inside an assembly in just one variable, feature, arrangent or whatever?

When I look in to expressions the variable value is blocked so I cant link it to other parameter.

3 REPLIES

Re: Deformable parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Could you please explain it further with an example.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We have a purchased items library with no writing access for CAD users just "read only" so a CAD user that need to add a pneumatic cylinder to a project and move the rod along the body doesnt modify other project where the same pneumatic cylinder is used. We do that with deformable parts so assembly constrains are related to the same surface and each purchased components remains in a multibody part / item in our data base matching purchasing codes.

In some cases we insert in an assembly several deformable parts that need to be deformed if one of them is deformed. Most of the times the value for the deformation is the same for all of them (a linear displacement). I would like to find a method to change the position / deformation of all deformable parts inserted in the same assembly with just one step. Associating deformable parts to arranglements would be great but I cant find a way to do that. Associating the deformation of all parts to an expresion value also would be good but I cant do that neither.

Legend
Legend

All depends on what is driving the deformable part, is it changing due to other components moving?

If so then already discussed https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Driving-a-deformable-component-from-...