Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Reference Sets

Hey Folks

Here is a question that stumped me, can anyone shed some light?

If a reference set is deleted from a component part that is used in many assemblies, what reference set will be used in its place the next time one of the assemblies is opened?

A. The part will fail to open

B. Empty

C. Entire Part

D. None

I tried to recreate the situation by deleting reference sets from parts when they were not loaded and re-loaded them into an assembly. All that happened was that NX created a new MODEL set and used that.

Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES

Re: Deleted Reference Sets

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It should default to 'Entire Part'.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There's a customer default that will "auto" create a Model reference set (and others):

assemblies -> Site Standards -> Reference set tab

I think to really test you need to create a user-defined ref set ("KEN" or whatever) and see what happens to that.

Or just trust that John B. knows what he's talking about ;-)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

As with most things NX, the correct answer is:

E. It depends on your current option settings

The out-of-the-box (OOTB) setting is to let NX create and manage a reference set called "MODEL". The fact that NX is re-creating this reference set shows that you have that option in effect and NX is doing what you told it to. If you run the experiment on a user defined reference set (as @Ken_A suggested), the default OOTB fallback would be to use the "entire part" reference set as mentioned by @JohnRBaker. However, the 'fallback' reference set to use can be specified by you in the assembly load options.

thanks