Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Sketch Contraints Quickly

Pioneer
Pioneer

I know this may be simple, but is there a quick way to delete all contraints and dimensions in a sketch that has been auto dimensioned?

Thanks

Cyl

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Deleting Sketch Contraints Quickly

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

DIMMENSION ONES:

FIRST DESELECT AUTO CONSTRAINS, AND THEN SELECT THEM USING FILTER?

SAME IDEA FOR POSITION ONES (FILTER)

I WOULD DO THIS WAY.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

First, you might want to edit the sketch style to make sure it doesn't auto-dimension/constrain the dimensions/constraints you just removed...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Could you please expand on deselect and how to select using filter. Using NX9.0.0.19.

Maybe a step by step? Fairly new with NX.

Thanks

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Ignore the auto-dimensions, add the dimensions that you want to drive the sketch. Any conflicting auto-dimensions will be automatically removed.

@cyl wrote:

Could you please expand on deselect and how to select using filter. Using NX9.0.0.19.

Maybe a step by step? Fairly new with NX.

Thanks

I could be wrong in interpreting what MR76 is saying but I believe he is talking about the continuous auto dimension function shown in the picture below:

example.JPG

I also think if you click on that Show/Remove Constraints you can remove what you want from in that function all at once.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ok,

first of all. if you want to get rid of auto constrains every time you start NX you have to do it from:

Custom defauts (see image: auto constrains default) once you do this you have to restart NX.

if you want to delete contrains that NX already made, the "Continous auto dimensioning" has to be de-selected.

(see deselect auto dimensioning) if you did that from user defult this is no needed.

then once "Continous auto dimensioning" is deselected, you will be able to delete them. use filters to do it easy: (see image filters)

then select, you will only be able to select what you want: dimension and or constrains.

in the example I filter both of them.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for the detailed response.

Had to delete first the geometrical contraints with 'Show/ Remove Conatraints', then it let me delete the rest of the dimensional contraints with detailed filtering.

Appreciate it !!