Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Die Design - Standard Part Library and Advanced Spreadsheet

Creator
Creator

I have used, developed, and implemented just about every option NX provides for creating a library of standard parts.  However, we are now being asked to use the Stamping Die - Standard Part Library functionality from within the Die Design module.  There is minimal support provided in the NX documentation and after a call to Siemens GTAC I was informed that there is no training available either.  I would like to become fluent in the use of advanced spreadsheets for our standard items.  Where do I go for this information?  Is there anyone who specializes in the use of this module?

DieDesign.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Die Design - Standard Part Library and Advanced Spreadsheet

Phenom
Phenom

I’ve attended PDW training and it covers Standard part library customization. There are many standard components available with the standard PDW module and you could read more info:  mf_std_prt_cust_20160722.PNG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Creator
Creator

I downloaded the standard components for die design (diedesnx90_data) from GTAC and I have examined the parts and NX documentation that relates to this topic.  Yes, it helps with instructing you on how to point to the standard components and adding them to the Reuse Library tab on your resource bar but, not much more than that.  In order to develop an entire set of parts that are specific to our environment to include our color definitions, attributes, reference sets, and modeling standards I need understand the limits and capabilities of working with the advanced spreadsheets for these components.  Any guidance or suggestions on where to get this information would be appreciated!  

Phenom
Phenom

I’m referring the course material as needed and use my contacts to clarify any arising issues. I find there are only very few reposeful and knowledgeable people available in this area. If you like, send me your contact details, so that I could forward them and you guys could have direct discussions.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Highlighted

Creator
Creator

GTAC ANSWER:

Unfortunately the only information that we have is in the technical documentation.  The process for Die Design advanced spreadsheets should be the same as documented for Moldwizard