Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diferent component position in an assembly if it is displayed or if it is inside other displayed ass

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have noticed this behaviour since we updated to NX12. I am not sure if this was happening before but I would like to avoid it. 

When I move components that have no restrictions in an assembly but I do when opening an upper assembly I find them in different possition if I open the assembly that directly contains the components.

4 REPLIES

Re: Diferent component position in an assembly if it is displayed or if it is inside other displayed

Pioneer
Pioneer

hello,

i didnt get your question you mean when you open the part in a new window the position is different right? if this is so the transformation information is stored in assemly component you need to reopen the assembly after you save the oposition then you will get the same postion as it was before closing.

Re: Diferent component position in an assembly if it is displayed or if it is inside other displayed

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Guessing...

You have assembly "A", which has a sub-assembly "B", which has components "C1", "C2", etc...

He changes the position of "C2" when "A" is the work part, then saves everything & closes.

If he opens sub-assembly "B", "C2" is in a different position than if he opens "A"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, that is the problem. If I apply assembly constrains the possition applies for both assemblies, but if I just move the component in assembly A and then open assemlby B, the position is different. 

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Has a position override been applied to the sub-component?

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help/#uid:func_details_repo_variable