Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Save and Save All ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

What is the difference between Save and Save All ?

• In Teamcenter10+NX9 it takes very long 30-45mins to save a *large* assembly. Is it normal ?
  • When I press Close All it takes also that long...I believe it is same as Save All ?
  • How to make *large* assemblies containing 400-600 parts save and close more faster ?

If you deal with large assemblies how long does it take for you to open and save it ?

I experience this situation: (NX9 and Teamcenter10)

1. Opening an assembly(500parts) takes 15-20mins.
  2. Closing the assembly takes 30-45min.

So as an example modifying a one part in the assembly takes 1h5min+the time it takes to make the modifications to the part.

5 REPLIES

Re: Difference between Save and Save All ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Are you using the SAVE JT option (in SAVE OPTIONS) also while the parts are being saved?? Also preview saving while the parts are being saved might also be one of the reason.

One last suggestion (not sure if you have already incorporated it).... Use partial loading while opening the assembly file  and do the necessary editing for all the specific parts you wish to edit  and then save and close. It will also save you some time.

Regards

Kapil

Genius
Genius

Here are my save options. What is Save JT Data and is it necessary to be ON ?

• How to see if preview saving is ON ?

savepic42.jpg

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

It is good to have updated JT of the assembly most of the times but i guess you can skip it for a while on case to case basis ... how often is the JT being utilized by other team members in your organisation?  If the consumption is quite frequent then keeping SAVE JT on is a good practise.  If not then you can take a call to keep it OFF and do the save with SAVE JT once or twice in a day. Experts might be able to throw more light on it.

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

sorry i forgot to answer the PREVIEW option question.

If you go to FILE/PROPERTIES..

preview.jpg

Previews can be saved once in a day (or i will say not on a frequent basis...if you are opening saving and closing the assembly multiple times in a day... then you can use the STORE PREVIEW  option at the end of the day or likewise.

Best Regards

Kapil 

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @12131444,

To answer your original question:

What is the difference between Save and Save All

Save will save the current work part and if the work part is an assembly it will save any modified component parts.

Save All will save all open parts and top-level assembly parts. This also saves parts that are open but not displayed, but it does not include partially open parts, such as assembly components.

As you're working with large assemblies, you should consider reading the following section in our documentation to see if it helps you to improve loading and saving performance:  Large Assemblies

Regards, Ben