Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between base and secondary

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I have a major doubt between base and secondary object in sheet metal. What is the use of it ?

how it is differ ? Give some example ... What if i use base alone for every new sketch ?

5 REPLIES

Re: Difference between base and secondary

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

If you want to create separate sheetmetal bodies within one NX part file, you can define each  tab as a base tab. If the tabs overlap, then you could combine them later via unite (although in NX 8.5 unite is not available in the sheet metal application so you have to switch to modeling, unite the bodies and then go back to sheet metal). Secondary automatically combines the the new tab to the base tab.

The best practice is to use secondary tabs to define modifications for the base tab when your intent is to combine them into one tab shape.

Regards,
Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks,

Can you show any example for this ? some times flange and contour flange not working if i select secondary tab , once i change that as base then only its working..

Pioneer
Pioneer

Abe,

Can you  explain in video,its better understanding for me .

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

This videdoshows the difference between base and secondary tabs:

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer

Abe,

Some times flange and contour flange now working while using  as base feature , its working only in seconday option why?