Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different background from NX10 to NX11

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

we have ugii_env_file shared as customer defualt also, but when I start NX11, the background is blank.

Sincerely, light colors nuisance damage the eyes.

Different background.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

6 REPLIES

Re: Different background from NX10 to NX11

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I maybe slightly off topic here but you may like the darker theme we ship with NX 11. To enable it go to Preferences / User Interface / Choose Theme on the left / Choose Light Gray on the right.

Default:

Lighter UI Theme.PNG

Modified:

Darker UI Theme.PNG

I hope you are not staring at an NX session without a part open for a long time :-). 

I stopped editing ugii_env_file 10 years ago. I cannot help you with that.

Regards, **bleep**

Phenom
Phenom

Hi **bleep**,

gray theme is not reccomended.

Usually I uso what Siemens reccomend.

Any way, changing theme doesn't change the background on startup.

It's clear I don't start NX session without a part open for a long time, but I would like to understand if there are new setting that had changed NX.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The No Part background is controlled by this file.

NX11/ugtips/background/html/background.html

I think in your NX 10 version someone overwrote the default installed files with plain background. I was looking for someway to control where this file is called from, an envirorment variable or customer default and I cannot find it right now. I know at sometime in the past it was able to change it.

Does anyone know how to control the location of the No Part background html files?

Thanks,

Scott

Phenom
Phenom

We have UGII_BACKGROUND_URL set to the HTML file to show.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.0.27 MP1]

Experimenter
Experimenter

At our place we host our environment variables on the network and everyone's ugii_env.dat files point to that file. Then, in our network-hosted environment file "company-name.dat" we have a line that says the following:

UGII_BACKGROUND_URL="\\servername\ugii\NX11\Settings\Background\background.html"

That directory has the html file in question, as well as our own background image, etc. Now, any time we launch NX it shows our custom background when no part is loaded.

Windows 10-64 - Precision M4800 - 16GB - Quadro K2100M - NX 11.0.2.7 MP7 - Teamcenter 11.2.3 - ANSYS 19.0

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

I've attached a simple background.html file that sets the background to grey (RGB: 200, 200, 200).  You can rename your old file and save this one to  %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGTIPS\background\html\

Alternatively, in a text editor open style.css from  %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGTIPS\background\_css  and edit the rgb values on line 24 to 200, 200, 200 (or your own choice).