Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Different reference set in additional view

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"I think I will change my workflow for "solid flat" reference set views..."

When you create a flat pattern in the sheet metal application, NX creates a dedicated view that you can use in the drawing file. I don't think it does the same for a "flat solid", but you could mimic the behavior, if desired.

"Why NX doesnt have the creating drawing components activated by default?"

For newer versions of NX, it is the default (like it or not).

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
There should be no issue with changing the default reference set to 'As Saved'. I believe that that is the OOTB setting for load options. If for whatever reason you do save a component using the wrong reference set, it is easy enough to change it to Model or some other reference set at any time.

With regards to the drawing components, as was stated in an earlier reply to this topic, there are some limitations with them (e.g. parts list, exploded views, etc.) but in cases where you need to define those things, then simply select a base view or projected view created from the drawing file itself when adding parts list. You will also need to define the assembly explosions in the drawing file instead of the master assembly and then you may add the exploded view to the drawing.
Regards,
Abe

Genius
Genius

What is the problem with part list? I create the drawing by creating new file from the 3D so the drawing includes the 3D file as component, so the part list looks ok. Am I missing something?

What is the limitation with exploded views? I have checked and I can show differents arrangements from the views created pointed to the 3D file. Is not the same for the exploded views? (I havent used them yet)

Genius
Genius

Cowski, I prefer to show solid flat reference set than the flat pattern view because as it is solid I can create isometric views and shaded views of the flat pattern.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Exploded views do not work the same as arrangements. Exploded views must be created in the drawing file and can only operate on assembly components. Any drafting components will not show up in an exploded view.

Likewise, any drafting components added will not show up in a parts list.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Javiduc The issue with parts list is not the list itself. The issue is with the automated ballooning function. Within the ballooning function you will not be able to select a view that contains drafting components. However, it will work on a view you add where the selected component is the drawing itself, it works just fine.

For explosions, if you are using arrangements to define explosions, then there are no issues. If you use the explicit exploded view command then my previous comments apply.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe