Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension on isometric view

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If I place a dimension on a isometric view the dimensions shows the distance projected on the sheet, not the real distance that exist between the points in the 3D file. Is there a way to make NX show the real distance? 

3 REPLIES

Re: Point intersection continues to fail - now in Drafting.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I reviewed a similar question that I had last September and 'frank_nx" had replied then.  I found the "two-curve intersection" and was eventually able to get it to work.  What I don't understand is why will I be able to select the edges as shown in my initial post and sometimes it will work; but then I can go to another view on the same drawing sheet and I can't find the intersection.  I had to switch from the "intersection" method to the "two-curve intersection" method.   I'm trying to follow the same exact steps and one time it will work, but then next time it won't.  

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @s_hightower,

'Two Curve Intersection' option will also be useful to locate the intersection point virtually and to use it as a reference point. This will not create any real point in the drawing sheet area wherein if Point command is used in the drafting, it will create a point

Ensure the selections are set to 'Single Face', 'Single Curve' for the both object selection in the Point command dialog.

sele.PNG

Regards,
Ganesh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes,  I do change it every time to the single line or plane.  I've noticed that the default is connected, but I almost never use that.  Is there a way that I can change it from connected to single?  Now I have to make that change every time I want to use this option.