Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensional Value Round Off Standard

Pioneer
Pioneer
Can anyone tell me what standard NX currently uses to round off dimension values? Is this documented somewhere and has it changed since the UGFM days?
Daryl Pierman
Chief CAD Designer
Rocket Shop
Aerojet Rocketdyne
4 REPLIES

Re: Dimensional Value Round Off Standard

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks, Ben, but an explanation of what NX is doing isn't really what I was looking for. I wanted to know if Development used a specific ASTM, ASME, SAE, ANSI, or ? standard to ensure compliance. If I had to guess, it would be ASTM E29-13. John's original explanation of the behavior was likely from a distant past, as we had this discussion back when I called in about a UG dimensioning problem I was having. I only discovered there actually was a problem back then when I created a new dimension on the left side of something to replace one that I was about to delete from the right side of the same object. The values were different, but they shouldn't have been. This was a very long time ago, possibly before solid modeling. The problem was fixed shortly thereafter and I hardly ever paid attention to the issue after checking for a few versions.
Daryl Pierman
Chief CAD Designer
Rocket Shop
Aerojet Rocketdyne

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Development have confirmed that Drafting uses the ASTM E-29 standard.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for that, Ben. I guessed that was it, so this just proves that even a blind pig (me) can find an acorn now and then.
Daryl Pierman
Chief CAD Designer
Rocket Shop
Aerojet Rocketdyne