Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning to a quadrant point?

Builder
Builder

I was able to place the dimension shown by adding a point object to the top quadrant point of the arc.  But I was curious if there was a way to do this without the point (or any other) object? The dimension tool didn't want to snap to the arc's top quadrant point for some reason.  But maybe there's some trick I'm missing. I hope! Thanks. -Pat

dimension profile height.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Dimensioning to a quadrant point?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If the tangent point snap is on, you can dimension to the top of the arc without the need for a point object.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @pmk3,

While dimension dialog is active, hover the cursor over arc. From quick pick dialog select the tangent point. No need to create additional point on curve.

Builder
Builder

Builder
Builder

@GaneshKadole wrote:

Hi @pmk3,

While dimension dialog is active, hover the cursor over arc. From quick pick dialog select the tangent point. No need to create additional point on curve.

That worked! I had actually tried the tangent option before, but it seemed ambiguous (the selection point just moved along the curve without locking onto any particular point).  What I failed to realize is that I had to select the arc before it would do that.  I also  was surprised not to see a quadrant point option in the QuickPic. Now that I see how this works, I expect that's because for most cases the tangent point option will get you the dimension you want.