Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Wave link association without it updating first

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a teamcenter assembly which contains parts to which I don't have the rights to. I've made the mistake of creating associative links for the part that link to a part I don't have controll over. This part is a baseline for many other parts down the line. I don't quite know why, but whenever I load the part, the associated link somehow updates and moves the entire part somewhere else in the assembly.
Is there an easy way to disable the updates / break the link without it first doing its wonky updates or do I have to reconstruct everything down the line?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Disable Wave link association without it updating first

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Ciao @Felix_Hilken 

You can load the single part and remove the associativity, then you can restore the associativity later by editing the link.

If you post a flowchart I could be more precise.

Ciao

Highlighted

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Cesare

I figured that I could remove the associativity when I load the part seperatly. I just don't know how to once I opened the part. Can you please tell my how to do this retroactively? I have attached the part structure.

Thanks!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Felix_Hilken ,

Follow below steps:

1. Turn ON "Delay Geomtery, Expressions and PMI Update" from Menu -> Tools -> Update -> Interpart Update.
  2. Load assembly in session.
  3. You should be able to see linked features referring other part as OOD (Out of Date) in Part Navigator.OOD_PNT.JPGLinked features OOD
  4. Now invoke command "Interpart Link Browser" from Assemblies tab and General group from the ribbon.
  5. And break association using "Break Link" button.InterpartLinkBrowser.JPGInterpart Link Browser break link

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi @Felix_Hilken ,

I asked assembly structure.

As @SamadhanGaikwad  showed you, turn ON "Delay Geomtery, Expressions and PMI Update" from Menu -> Tools -> Update -> Interpart Update before loading the part.

If you don't have the 'Interpart Link Browser' command (Wave control license), open the single part then turn off 

Associative

wave.png