Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassociated Leader...... Cannot correct any dimenstion in drawing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello folks,

we now have NX 12 and I still have the same trouble in drawing when things are brown and not associative anymore. I cannot correct these things. In this case (see my picture) I want to reattach a dimension.

I just cannot do it. always getting the message "Disassociated leader......".

I really hate this message. In NX 8.5 it was way easier to reattach dimensions, annotations or GTD symbols.

I have no idea what I have to do.

Please help me!

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Disassociated Leader...... Cannot correct any dimenstion in drawing

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think you have to remove retained edges... some thing like that which you get when you right click on the dissociated leader

Durgavajjala S.Prasad /NX 9,NX10&NX11

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

In the dimension dialog, we can see that the First and Second Object References are empty. You again need to pick the first and second Object references to make the dimension live.

So, in this case, the first object could be the left vertical edge and second could be the mid point of the horizontal edge.

Regards,

Amit

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Sometimes the dimensions are disassociated both because they lack the geometric references and because they have lost the alignment.
For the first follow the previous suggestions, while for the second click on specify location then simply on Apply.

See also the attached movie
Ciao

origin.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I really don't understand why that was done! In NX 8.5 it was perfect. Dead Dimension right click and Edit Associativity. Worked always easily.
in NX10 and 12 I have to make all my dimensions from Scratch.